Pay Range: $47,800 – $54,000
$23.00 – $26.00 per hour
Competitive benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision and a 401(k) retirement plan. Personal protection equipment and uniforms are provided. Vouchers are provided for boots and prescription safety glasses.
We are seeking an experienced Welder Fitter for Phillips Steel’s Fabrication Department. The Welder Fitter will use specialized equipment to weld and assemble new metal forms.
Spanish only speakers welcome to apply.
• Layout Fitter to fabricate columns, beams, braces, and miscellaneous items
• Ability to read and interpret shop drawings
• Layout and fit steel parts utilizing squares and other hand tools
• Knowledge and use of welding machines (tacking), grinders, and drills
• Ability to operate cranes and forklifts safely
• Production welding experience preferred
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work in an open environment with a moderate to loud noise level consistent with a steel shop environment
• 1+ years previous experience as a Welder-Fitter in manufacturing, or other related fields
• 1+ years previous experience Flux Core welding
• Familiarity with welding tools and procedures
• Ability to handle physical workload
• Bilingual Spanish a plus
Requirements to work for Phillips Steel Company:
• Pass a background check
• Pass a Social Security Number check
• Pass a physical
• Pass a drug test